St Mark’s Ramsgate is a friendly and thriving evangelical church offering a warm welcome to all ages. The church has strong community links and its facilities are used throughout the week by a variety of local groups and societies.
The current site on Pysons Road was initially purchased in 1884 for the Mission Church of St Mark Northwood. However a lack of funds meant that all they could afford was a corrugated iron hut. However this lasted for fifty-five years. A chancel and church hall were erected in 1939 and worship services continued throughout the War years. It wasn’t until 1967, though, that enough money was found to complete the building and Archbishop Michael Ramsey dedicated the nave and converted chancel on 30th July 1967.
Please see St. Mark’s own external website.